Thursday, February 10, 2011

Speak FREE. Shout LOUD. Sing PROUD. If anyone hates it, turn up the volume!



Music is my soul.


Music plays a big role in my life. I grew up in a family that loves singing. My earliest memory of myself singing was when I was just a little boy (maybe around 3 or 4 years old) singing “the greatest love of all”. I remember hearing my sister practicing the song for a competition. She sang it repeatedly that I was able to memorize few lines.

I also love to dance. Tapping your feet, swaying your arms and bobbing your head to the beat of the music. I am not a great dancer,  but when an upbeat music plays and gets me in the mood, I don’t care if I look like an idiot dancing like a madman. 

Don’t you just love it when the music gets you in the right mood?




I have always been in love with music. Be it rock, pop, punk, jazz, alternative, or whatever it is that people listen to; it just completes my day.

I would even go as far as saying I wouldn’t survive in a world without music. Can you imagine that? A world without music? A world with no sounds to soothe your soul? I CAN’T. I WON’T.




It fascinates me that in almost anything we do and however we feel, there’s always that one song that means almost exactly as that moment in time. Happy, sad, angry, in love.... whatever it is, i'm sure you'll find the perfect song for you.



There was always music playing on all of my greatest and worst moments of my life….


“One last cry, before I leave it all behind I’ve gotta put you outta my mind this time Stop living a lie I guess I’m down to my last cry” One Last Cry by Brian Mcknight

-high school prom. Last dance with my ex.



“Ang awit ng kabataan, ang awit ng panahon. Hanggang sa kinabukasan awitin natin ngayon.”Awit ng Kabataan by Rivermaya
 
-Pulp 04. Went to an awesome concert then Bamboo started singing one of my favorite songs. I ran towards the stage and joined the mosh pit.



“When you are with me, I’m free, I’m careless I believe. Above all the others we’ll fly. This brings tears to my eyes My Sacrifice.” My Sacrifice by Creed

-Central Colleges of the Philippines. Pop-Rock-Altenative. First battle of the bands. I was 4th year high school. The electricity went off after our first song and everybody went “wooooohhhh!!!!”



“It's alright, I'm okay I think I can explain. I'm relieved I'm relaxed I'll get over it, yeah” I Think God can explain by Splender

-ok. I change “god” to “I”. That’s just me. But that’s another blog. Hehe.  Nov 10, 2010. I thought I’m gonna lose something very important to me.



“Hands down this is the best day I can ever remember,
I'll always remember the sound of the stereo…”
HANDSDOWN by Dashboard Confessional

-Nov 21 2010. This song was playing in my head. I was having one of the best days of my life. There wasn’t any occasion. I was just happy. I hope it will continue play in my head for a loooooonnnnng time.


I can go on for hours. I can list every song that reminds me of something. It will never end.





My life is like a big playlist. Every day is a mix of genres and beats. I would never run out of songs to listen to. I would never live a day without music. Every day is a song for me.  Every step I make is a note that completes my song. And even when I die, people will still listen to the music that my life made.


This is what music is for me. This is my tribute to music. Maybe it’s time to do yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment